Search This Blog

Thursday, May 29, 2008

"Sleeping Beauty" (1959) - FANTASTIC Rough & Draft Storyboards

I have a number of storyboards from "Sleeping Beauty" (1959), which I will be posting over the next several days, but this example is REALLY UNIQUE...

In 1993 when I saw this storyboard script, I had to buy it...

Flora: "Tonite we're taking you back to your Pappy - King Steve"

Rose: "Sob... Sob... HONK - ETC."

In 1996 I purchased a more refined set of storyboards, but didn't realize one was from the same scene as my 1993 piece until a short time later. The 1993 purchase was on the Blackwing Diaries, but the comparison will make it more interesting...

Let me start with the images of the framed artwork and then I'll follow with side-by-side images.


Rough Storyboard (purchased 1993)



Refined Storyboards (purchased 1996)


OK. Now, the side-by-side. On the left is the Rough Storyboard I bought in 1993 and on the right the storyboard I purchased in 1996. Don't forget to click on the images to see 'em full-screen!


Side-by-Side Storyboards







----------



----- DATABASE NOTES -----

From “Sleeping Beauty” (1959). "Sc 23 SA/21?" Starts with: "Flora It isn't that dear." A very rough, quick story board of 12 images covering the sequence where Aurora learns she is a princess and must "not see that young man again." This piece also makes short work of the script: "Pappy King Steve" "Sob - Sob - Honk - Etc." Nothing on the back. [Item: 15.5"W x 12.5"H] SeqID-0171

From “Sleeping Beauty” (1959). Two story boards from Sleeping Beauty. (Top) More refined than #0171 -- same scene. Item: 15-1/2"W x 12-1/2"H] (Bottom) More refined than #0171 -- same scene. [Item: 15-1/2"W x 12-1/2"H] SeqID-0647 7/25/2005

1 comment:

  1. The refined storyboards are works of art in themselves!

    Simply wonderful.

    ReplyDelete