Search This Blog

Sunday, May 4, 2008

"Peter Pan" (1953-'Peter Arrives' Storyboard


While some collectors like the nice and neat, full color cels I tend to like work product that comes directly from some of the artists. In addition, it's great to see how ideas and concepts change as the production moves through the process. This storyboard from "Peter Pan" (1953) does not show any significant changes to the script or scenes, but it is still is a great example of the storyboard process. PLUS, it's the scene where Peter Pan is introduced to the audience (always nice to find art from key moments like that). When I first saw the piece I immediately liked the yellowed tape, uneven mounting and the feeling that it was really "a work in progress." The framer thought I was crazy when I asked him to simulate the old drafting table look I remembered from one of my first jobs -- complete with thumb tacks, coffee stains and cigarette burns. For me, it all seems to work together!

----- DATABASE NOTES -----

From “Peter Pan” (1953). An excellent pencil story board of Peter when he first arrives in the Darling home and meets Wendy, Peter & John Darling. "He's here!" is the major theme. On cork board. [Image: 16"W x 13"H. Frame: 21.5"W x 18.5"H] Acquired 1991. SeqID-0104

No comments:

Post a Comment