Search This Blog

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Hudson/Disney "Alice In Wonderland" TV Ad (1950's)

Updated: see comments in red below!


I came across this black and white cel on a Master Background and thought it was quite a find, especially since it demonstrated Disney's attempt to expand its revenue base into another medium (or segment). The expressions and action help make the image special.

Update 5/14/2008: There was no information on the item when I bought it, but Matt Crandall let me know that this was from a Hudson Car commercial (he even has a video tape of the spot) and that the voices were by June Foray.

----- DATABASE NOTES -----

From Disney/Hudson Car TV Commercial (circa 1950’s). Black & White cel of Alice and the White Rabbit with master background used in a TV commercial for Hudson cars, with voices by June Foray. [Frame: 20"W x 16"H; Image: 13.25”W x 10.25"H] Acquired 1998. SeqID-0338 Updated: 5/14/2008

2 comments:

  1. Actually this is from a car commercial (Hudson I believe) with voices by June Foray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt ... Fantastic. When I was trying to find a match for this I didn't run across Hudson. Do you have an additional information that I could cite as a reference? Thanks, again. And great to see your new blog!
    -Bob

    ReplyDelete