Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Disney Cels Just $1.25! - Art Corner Material

Only $1.25 per cel? Displayed in old bins that used to hold 33-1/3 LP records? Did that ever really happen? Well, here is the set I bought (circa 1955-1965?) : the Walt Disney "Originals" flyer, a Chip and Dale Cel on a hand painted background AND the Disney mailer that it was to be shipped in! I should add that this package was never mailed, so I can't look at the cancellation to determine the date. Sorry, but I don't have an image of the mailer. I think I remember Rob Richards saying that the Art Corner sold material from approximately 1955 to 1965. I'm afraid I don't have any information that would narrow the date down further...

You need to read this flyer to believe it!


Disney Cels - $1.25!

[Click to Enlarge]

What's amazing is that the cel that came with the order wasn't too bad! It wasn't a junk cel and the background was pretty good as well. There was no information as to the origin of the cel or the background, but that really wasn't important at the time. All you really wanted was to own the character! Mission Accomplished!


Ah, the good old days!


----- DATABASE NOTES -----

From Unknown Disney film sold at the Art Corner (circa 1955-1965) . Two items: (1) Cel of Chip & Dale on production background and (2) Disneyland Art Corner shipping envelope. (1) Back Note: "This is an Original hand painted celluloid drawing actually used in a Walt Disney production. Released exclusively by the Art Corner at Disneyland" (1) Note: "Souvenir from Disneyland" shipping envelope. [Unframed Image: 9-7/8"W x 7-7/8"H. Frame: 14"W x 12"H] Acquired 1990. SeqID-0653 8/5/2005

3 comments:

  1. Bob- I believe the flyer is from 1957 as I have the same flyer that came with other 1957 Disneyland items.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob--

    That is amazing. I know they used to throw them out by the weel barrow-full.

    I'm glad you were able to get so many and share them with us!

    And I'm glad to know where you procured most of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patrick- Thanks for the year! All I could figure out was a 1955-1965 time frame. Glad you could narrow it down for me!

    George- Believe me, I WISH I had picked up most of the artwork for $2!

    Thanks to you both!
    -Bob

    ReplyDelete