Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

"Mother Goose Goes Hollywood" (1936) - Marx Brothers Pencils

I picked up this great image of Grocho and then the pencil of the other two Marx Brothers. Each of the images seemed to fit my criteria of being very representative of their personalities. The images were in odd places on the paper and I wanted to avoid trimming. I thought it would be a good idea to frame them together, but I couldn't get the pages to look acceptable when overlapped. Jenny and I decided to have the framer cut the matte to show a movie camera and used the light pools from the spotlights to hide the page seams.

"Mother Goose Goes Hollywood" (1936) - The Marx Brothers


----------


----- DATABASE NOTES -----

From “Mother Goose Goes Hollywood” (1938). Matched set 17/117. Two sketches. One of Grocho and the other of the rest of the Marx Brothers. [Image: Left: 6-7/8” diameter. Right: 6.5"W x 8.5"H; Frame: 38-9/16"W x 19-9/16"H] Acquired 1993. SeqID-0088 Updated: 8/3/2005

No comments:

Post a Comment