Search This Blog

Friday, May 16, 2008

Oswald The Lucky Rabbit (circa 1928)-Pencils

The Request Lines Are Open... [Note: if you are interested in an particular items send me an email and I'll see if we have anything in the Collection.]

I received an email wondering if we had any Oswald's in the Collection. I had been looking for some representative samples from Disney's earlier productions and thought these were pretty good.

“Ozzie of the Mounted” (1928)-Pencil With 4-Inch Tall Oswald


This one really stands out on the wall. We put it in an oversized frame so that when you enter the room your eye immediately goes to this image.

This image is much smaller, but has a great pose of Oswald strutting-his-stuff! I don't have any notes on which film this might have come from, so I would appreciate any information...


----- DATABASE NOTES -----

From “Ozzie of the Mounted” (1928). A rare, large (over 4” tall) pencil sketch of Oswald and is from one of the last Disney Oswald films from January 1928. [Frame: 15”W x 14”H; Image: 7”W x 6”H] SeqID-1446

Seller's notes: This is a very rare piece. This is from one of the last Disney 'Oswald' cartoons -- this is from January 1928 "Ozzie of the Mounted." Large perfect image of 'Oswald' on this rare production drawing. He's over 4'' tall.

From “Oswald the Lucky Rabbit” (). Pencil sketch of Oswald strutting. [Frame: 16”W x 16”H; Image: 9”W x 9”H] Acquired 2004. SeqID-1447 Updated: 7/24/2005

3 comments:

  1. I HAVE ORIGINAL ART FROM THE FIRST OSWALD CARTOON RELEASED.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I OWN ARTWORK FROM THE FIRST RELEASED OSWALD CARTOON

    ReplyDelete
  3. No one cares as they will tell you its a fake bacause they don" own it..... Trust me as I own also....

    ReplyDelete