Search This Blog

Sunday, October 25, 2009

"Fantasia" (1940) [Series] - Pegasus Family Cel

More "Fantasia" items in the Cowan Collection

I've always thought that this was a great set-up...  Great feeling for the characters and a nice pose for all. The reds are still vivid in this piece (it seems the reds tend to lose brilliance over time).


Pegasus Home (click to enlarge)




----- DATABASE NOTES -----

From “Fantasia” (1940), the Pastoral Symphony sequence.  From “Fantasia” (1940), the Pastoral Symphony sequence. The gouache on celluloid depicts the mother Pegasus in her nest with three of her babies from The Pastoral Symphony sequence, applied to a Courvoisier airbrushed background, with the Courvoisier Galleries ® label on the reverse, matted and framed.  [Image: 9-3/8"W x 8"H; Frame: 16-5/8"W x 15-1/4"H]  SeqID-0719  7/16/2005

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic cel. I do like the brilliant reds. I like that the cel shows the entire family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! And I'm glad you checked back in -- even though I've been "technology challenged" while my computer was back at "the shop."

    Have a great week...!

    ReplyDelete